Tales From The Twilight World - Blind Guardian CD Review

Blind Guardian CD Review – Tales From The Twilight World

Tales from the Twilight World

Year of release: 1990
Number of songs: 10
Total running time: 44 minutes 2 seconds

This is the third album by the German power metal band Blind Guardian. I have to say that this album has better production and the tracks seem to be better written on this album, than on the two previous.

Blind Guardian - Tales From Twilight World
In my opinion this is the album that helped Blind Guardian define their style as complex power metal. This album has always been a favorite of mine by Blind Guardian, due to the high value of the music. I like the power of the fast tracks, as well as the softer tracks. They all make me feel that I have stepped into a secret land. I like the lyrics and the vocals on this album. The first song "Traveller In Time". I like the high level of music and lyrics. The power of "Traveler In Time" seems to make this track come alive, that's my opinion any way. I especially like the chorus, it is so easy and hymn-like, that when they play this one live, everyone sings along. The next track is just as good in my opinion; "Welcome To Dying" has so much power and potential head banging music, that I can't help to bang along to this track. Mostly when I listen to this one I have to play along on my guitar. I get so much power and energy from this track and the guitar solos are very great. "Weird Dreams" is an instrumental track, this track is filled with power and energy. And show some nice guitar licks. "Lord Of The Rings" is a soft and gentle track that tries to capture the essence of the saga of "Lord Of The Rings" by J.R.R Tolkien. And in my humble opinion the mission is successful. "Goodbye My Friend" - power metal madness reigns in this track, from the first second to the last. Hansi fills the track with powerful lyrics and vocals. I really like the lyrics and the chorus, and I think it's a great sing along song, filled with power and energy. "Lost In The Twilight Hall" has a special guest that sings along with Hansi, a guy named Kai Hansen (ex-Helloween, ex-Iron Savior and Gamma Ray). The track is powerful and energetic. I like the drums and the bass, and the guitar is so killer, I really dig the heavy sound of it. The lyrics are well written, and the vocals are well performed by both singers. I really like the power of the vocals that give the track an extra kick. "Tommyknockers" is an ok song with a very hard to sing chorus. The track is in the same style as the previous, a mix of energy and powerful metal. I think the vocals could have been better on some of the tracks, like this one. The guitar is killer though. "Altair 4" offers a cool intro with some cool monster sounds. But not one of the best tracks by Blind Guardian, and yet there is something about this track that seems to grab me and lead me into the Twilight World. The music is rather special, but I think it sounds ok. "The Last Candle" guardian, guardian, guardian of the blind... so it begins... the theme of this track is absolutely cool. I think that this track has some of the qualities of the later Blind Guardian. I am crazy about the vocals and the choir in this track. It ends the album of in a great way. "Run For The Night" is a bonus live track, and in a very poor quality. Tales From The Twilight World is an awesome album filled with power and energy, and a high level of musicality. It's a pleasure to listen to the progression from the previous album to this one.

Editor: Peter Jerman

No comments:

Post a Comment