Live - 2 CD Review - Blind Guardian

Review – Live (2 CD)

Live

Year of release: 2003
Number of songs: 22
Total running time: 133 minutes 50 seconds

From all different live bootlegs we listen, finally Blind Guardian made their second live album not just any live album, but powerful double live album simply called „‟Live‟‟ with very interesting and beautiful front cover.

Live - Blind Guardian
Live - Blind Guardian
Songs taken from 15 concerts mastered to perfect sound for live record. Yes all fans which have had listen to bootlegs ”live concerts” we can expect what “live” album will be, but when I got it I felt that like I listen to this all song for the first time, so excited I was. The great opener speech “War of Wrath” I felt tension that grow until just follow “In To The Storm” and then just let my self go and sing along all songs in the double album. I´m sure that all you felt the same. Okay, the whole album is recorded in the right volume and tracks are very clear, you can perfectly understand lyrics and hear guitars playing together rhythm and solo, mixing nice melodies, it is kind a balsam for my ears. Hansi did really great job, he sing like on regular albums with some improving and experimenting on some songs. The songs don´t need to explain, they are great, really great, so I will just the songs that it seems to me that I must say something about them. So let´s start with „Nightfall” it allways impress me with Hansi singing you really can feel what was going on in the Middle Earth. “The Script For My Requiem” the bass is really great, I like the intro and you get the feeling that song rise up to the great powerful chorus, of course I don´t want to miss out “The Bard´s Song“ this is legendary song and it is for us fans like hymn, whole worldwide Blind Guardian fans knows the lyrics and colaborate with live singing the bard´s song….. and finaly I must mentioned “The Lord Of The Rings” it is very nice touch to mix together orchestral version with original from the album “Tales From The Twilight World” and the last song majestic powerfull “Mirror Mirror” I get the feeling that this song is on purpose the last song it give such a power and positive energy, at the end of song you want more it is like invitation to their concert. In the end this is really great live album and it show that band care for all us fans and serve us with this new “Live” album. Who stands on Blind Guardian must have this album in collection or at least listen to it Up the Guardian!

Editor: Peter Jerman

No comments:

Post a Comment